Walking to work today, I felt my eyelashes freeze my eyes open. I realized that in order to sweat this season I am going to have to make a conscious effort.
Sweating is so good for our bodies. It’s one of the many detox pathways your body has. Our world is absolutely filled with toxins, and it is important for us to take the necessary measures to think about detoxing. Sweat is one of the main conduits for toxins in our body. So keep reading to see how you can work on detoxifying all winter long.
Some benefits of sweating include:
• Ridding your body of extra toxins. One of the main ways your body detoxifies is through sweating. If we do not sweat all winter long, certain toxins are trapped and can cause us to feel tired, lethargic, crabby, bloated, and also have a case of the winter blues.
• Sweating can actually help prevent colds and other illnesses. We are upon cold and flu season, however it doesn’t have to be for you. If you get a regular sweat on, you can dramatically decrease your chances of catching the cold that your co-worker is holding on to.
• Sweating can boost your endorphins. Getting a good sweat busting workout in actually produces hormones in your body to make you feel great. It’s no joke, in fact researchers are finding that exercising and sweating can boost your mood quite noticeably.
So what are ways to get your sweat on? Here’s a few good ones:
• Exercise: This is one of the best ways to get some sweat out because there are many more benefits of exercise as well including cardiovascular fitness, weight management, stress management, and just overall disease management. Think about joining a gym, investing in some equipment or work out videos for your home, or maybe bundling up and going for a workout outside if the weather permits. Winter is a great time to mix up your routine a bit, try something new, and maybe work on building up the intensity a bit to really work on getting a good sweat on. I plan to purchase snow shoes this year and take a hike through our pastures. If you are able to get a good workout through the warm months of the year, but struggle with what to do during this winter, struggle no further and be creative in getting your sweat on.
• Hot yoga classes: These are another great way to get a really good sweat on. If you are a yoga lover, consider joining a hot yoga class this winter to really work on getting your toxins out.
• Sauna time: Infrared saunas are a great way to get rid of toxins through sweating. These types of saunas could also be purchased for your home enjoyment. Maybe a great gift idea to yourself and your loved ones is a sauna in your home. There are also options of saunas at fitness clubs and sauna studios.
Be sure you check with your physician first if you plan on trying any of these sweat building activities. Or ask us – we have plenty of ideas!