Discover how to make lifestyle changes that promote not only weight loss, but overall well-being when you work with a health coach at Avera Medical Group Integrative Medicine. Together, you’ll create a plan that meets your nutritional needs and weight loss goals. You’ll also find the ongoing education and motivation you need to be successful.
Health Coaching Tailored to You
“This is your health and wellness journey,” says Kandace Brands, a certified health coach at Avera. “We can give recommendations, but you need to be comfortable with the goal and the plan. We’re here to guide and encourage you.”
Each plan focuses on healthy eating, which serves as the catalyst for other positive changes. “Nutrition is so powerful that when we get our eating habits under control, weight management – loss or gain – falls into place. And when our digestive system is working better, our whole body systems are working better,” she adds.
Health coaches also address the role that physical activity and stress management play in your overall well-being. You’ll gain valuable healthy living skills, such as learning how to:
- Enjoy healthy, whole foods
- Heal your body by incorporating “super foods” into your diet
- Identify and manage stress
- Incorporate integrative medicine strategies such as acupuncture, aromatherapy, meditation and massage
- Increase your physical activity and fitness
- Plan and prepare meals for the upcoming week
- Uncover self-sabotaging habits and replace them with healthy habits
It’s never too early or too late to start leading a healthier lifestyle. “We’ve worked with clients from 16 to 76 years old who have a wide range of weight loss goals from five to 100 pounds,” adds Brands.
To meet with a health coach, call 322-3241 and ask to schedule a free consultation.