In fact, it isn’t very appealing to me at all right now and I love salads – but not so much in winter.
Here are a couple of ways to get your greens in winter.
Go ahead – cook them!
Fresh or frozen veggies are wonderful steamed, sautéed, or even a little cooked in grape seed or coconut oil. This is the perfect time to enjoy super food herbs like turmeric, thyme, rosemary, basil, the list goes on and on… don’t forget about adding awesome detoxers like garlic, mushrooms, scallions and leeks.
Delicious Spinach (Works great for asparagus, too)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/8 cup raw sliced almonds or walnuts, or pine nuts – or whatever suits your fancy
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 clove garlic, minced or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- Balsamic vinegar to taste
First, sauté all ingredients in a skillet on medium heat, just until spinach start to wilt.
Splash the finished dish with a dash of balsamic vinegar.
Add them to your smoothies
If you are into a quick breakfast or even a power snack – this is for you!!
- 8 ounces of filtered water (consider using Almond milk)
- Protein Powder of your choosing
- 2 cups of kale, spinach or other mixed greens
- 1 banana
- ½ cup wild blueberries
Directions: Combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Enjoy!