Black Bean Brownies
|Source: Hy-Vee Seasons Fall 2013
1 (15 oz) can Hy-Vee black beans, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 cup Hy-Vee semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup Hy-Vee unsalted butter
3/4 cup Hy-Vee canola oil
1 3/4 cup Hy-Vee sugar
1 tbsp. Hy-Vee vanilla extract
3 Hy-Vee large eggs
1 1/3 cup Hy-Vee all-purpose flour
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp. Hy-Vee unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. Hy-Vee baking powder
1/4 tsp. Hy-Vee salt
1/2 cup Hy-Vee mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-by-13-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a food processor puree black beans until smooth, scraping the sides of bowl as needed.
- Place a large heat-safe bowl over a pan of boiling water. Add pureed black beans, 1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips and butter to bowl. Stir with a wire whisk until butter and chocolate are melted and combined. Remove from heat.
- Add canola oil and mix until combined. Stir sugar and vanilla into chocolate mixture until smooth.
- Add eggs 1 at a time. Mix thoroughly between additions until all 3 eggs have been added.
- In a large bowl sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Mix until combined. Add chocolate mixture to flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and smooth top of brownies with a spatula. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top of batter.
- Bake brownies for 35 minutes. They may seem underdone but will continue to bake in pan after removed from oven.
Nutrition facts per serving:
|Calories: 340||Protein: 5g|
|Carbohydrate: 44g||Saturated Fat: 6g|
|Cholesterol: 35mg||Sodium: 135mg|
|Dietary Fiber: 4g||Sugars: 30g|
|Fat: 18g||Trans fats: 0g|