That’s it … 2014 is YOUR year! No more empty New Year’s resolutions that only last a week or two. No more setting yourself up for failure by setting unrealistic goals that just won’t work in your daily routine and with your responsibilities.
Here are some popular New Year resolutions we hear around this time of the year:
- Eat Healthy Food
- Get Fit
- Lose Weight
- Manage Debt
- Quit Smoking
- Get a Better Education
Instead of using the “R” word, considering implementing these strategies to get you on track in 2014 to set yourself up for success!
- Clearly Identify What Interests You
- If you have no interest in going to the gym, don’t go. Studies show that movement is crucial in human wellbeing. Find your own ways in your daily routine to incorporate movement.
- Set Priorities in Your Personal Life
- If you don’t take care of your body, who will? To be successful in your own health and wellbeing you have to put yourself pretty high on your priority list.
- Be The Change
- Daydreaming and talking about getting healthier is not good enough. By acting on those thoughts and words, you become the change you are seeking.
Avera is amongst a growing number of employers who recognize how much employee health and wellbeing impacts many areas in daily operations. The purpose of employee health and wellbeing programs provides a support system to assist employees and their families on their journey to becoming their best selves both at home and work. As a employer offered benefit, it is a tool that employees should be aware of and voluntary participate in, when offered as a way to stay on track in 2014.