This process sounds unusual, but it can be done! Finding time to schedule a mammogram can be difficult, especially if you live miles from the nearest mammography unit or have a busy work schedule. Thankfully, because of mobile digital mammography trucks, women are able to have a mammography unit come to them.
Digital Mammography Benefits
Early detection is the key to survival, and digital mammography is the standard exam to detect early breast cancer. It is recommended that women should have an annual mammogram starting at age 40.
What Is a Digital Mammography Truck?
- An appointment at the Avera Breast Center mobile digital mammography truck is just like going into the clinic for a mammogram, except we do the driving instead of you. It’s an efficient and productive screening program.
- The truck offers a private, professional and quality atmosphere.
- Women appreciate not having to leave work to drive to a health care facility, and this program also helps eliminate the risk of not having the test done at all.
Where Does the Truck Go?
- The truck travels to more than 45 sites within South Dakota, Minnesota and Iowa.
- An employer makes arrangements for the mobile digital mammography truck to come to their facility. There is no scheduling expense specific to the employer.
- In addition to medical clinics, our truck makes frequent trips to businesses across the region. Employers have recognized the importance of early detection and have made the commitment to provide health screenings to their employees.
How Does It Work?
- Women sign up for a screening time that is during their break or another convenient time, which minimizes time away from work.
- Each participant will be registered inside of the beautiful truck, just as if they were entering a clinic.
- Insurance is filed, and the digital mammogram is completed. It’s that easy.
Bring the Truck to You
If you are interested in bringing this screening to your place of business, call us at 605-322-3818. Let us bring this life-saving service to you.
Alternatively, you can also request a mammogram appointment online or schedule your digital mammogram by calling 605-322-PINK (7465) or 1-877-AT-AVERA.
Other Breast Cancer Resources
Visit AveraBreastCenter.org to find breast cancer resources or to request a mammogram appointment.
Avera Race Against Breast Cancer
Make plans to participate in the Avera Race Against Breast Cancer on May 10 at the Avera McKennan Fitness Center in Sioux Falls, S.D.
Share How You Remember to Get Your Mammogram
Share ways for how you remember and find time to get your annual mammogram. Have you used the Avera Breast Center mobile digital mammography truck?